Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Need to increase activations or need us to resend your license number?

Please use this topic if you need help with mSecure 3.5 for Windows activations, lost your license number, and(or) want us to resend you your license number.

6 people have this problem

I have 2 licenses for mSecure 3.5.x

I've just got a new laptop and do not want to go to 5.5. Neither of my activation codes are able to activate 3.5.6.

The activations were both sent to this email address. I can provide the order numbers if you require.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you're experiencing. I believe I have found your order number ST710340018 and see no issues with it. You should be able to activate mSecure 3.5.6 without any issues here. I went ahead and resent you your order purchase confirmation which includes your license/serial number. Please use it to copy/paste your license number and see if that resolves your issues here.

I recently bought the versión msecure 5.5 but the key to activate did not send me. What I have to do?

Hi Justino,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you're experiencing. The purchase of an mSecure 5 license is tied to the mSecure account used to purchase it with. There is no activation system in mSecure 5.

The way our security system works, you should have received the authentication email after you first signed in to your mSecure account the very first time in mSecure 5 on May 26th 2017. We have found that for some customers the email gets placed in either a spam/junk folder or some other folder in their email app do to rules set up to automatically route incoming emails. Make sure to run a search in your email app to see if you can find an email with the subject: "no-reply@msecure.com". Be sure to run a search specifically from inside your spam folder as some apps omit this folder when searching for emails.

Unfortunately, if you are unable to find your mSecure Authentication email, there is no way for mSeven Software to resend it to you. In order to maintain the security of your account, we do not have the information needed to retrieve your account key. The only way to resend the Authentication email is for the owner of the account to resend it from the Account Settings from within the mSecure app.

You can go here to learn how to resend the authentication email on all devices if you still have access to your mSecure account in mSecure 5 on a device: https://support.msecure.com/knowledge-base/re-send-authentication-email

If you have lost access to your Authentication email or access to your mSecure account on a device, you will need to go through an account reset to reset your account https://www.msecure.com/request_password_start

Note: this is a security system not an activation system.

Dear Sir/Madam:

I cannot seem to be able to re-activate my mSecure 3.5 after reinstall. I guess it is fine to use my order number here since another one is posted above. My order number is ST76306205.

Thank you

Unfortunately, there seems to be an issue with our mSecure 3.5.5 and 3.5.6 for Windows activation system. We have made our developers aware of this issue and we are working to find a solution to this issue as soon as possible. If needed, an update will be available for the Windows version of mSecure 3 as soon as possible to address this issue. I'm sorry about the inconvenience this issue has caused.

If not using Dropbox syncing, you can use this version to activate your license for the moment: https://assets.msecure.com/downloads/apps/mSecureWindows3.5.4.zip

Fortunately, you can still sync via Dropbox using our Sync with shared file feature when using mSecure 3.5.4:

1. Open and login to mSecure

2. Press command+comma

3. Click Cloud Sync

4. Select "Sync with shared file"

5. Navigate to your Dropbox folder and click the mSecure folder

6. Enter in your cloud sync password

This method requires that you have Dropbox running on your computer.

It is not a problem. I can still use 3.5.6 in trial mode for now and sync with DropBox; I try not to downgrade unless absolutely necessary. I know time needed to fix IT issues can be hard to estimate, but do you have any time frame when the issue will get addressed? I hope it would not take the whole monthly fix?

I reinstalled the computer. mSecure 3.5.6. cannot be activated. Need to increase activations. 

Hi,

Please download mSecure 3.5.7. The older versions do not use the latest TLS for the activation process so will not be able to activate: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000022199

Leader recent my activation code for android

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for contacting us. I'm not sure what you mean here. mSecure doesn't require an activation code on Android. Also, if you running mSecure 5, that version of the app doesn't require an activation code at all. Can you describe for me what's happening and why you think you need an activation code or license number?

Go to log in it tells me account key required 

I tried to sign into the app.It said i need a activation code.My receipt when I purchase it did not have a QR come

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for the extra information. The code mSecure is asking for is your account's QR code, which is different than an activation key. The QR code is a form of two-factor authentication, so it is a security measure to make sure the person signing in to the account is the real owner of the account. That code is sent out when you first sign up for your account, not when you purchase a license. Also, due to the security the QR code provides, there is no way for us to send the code since we don't have access to the information needed to generate it. The only way to send a new code is if you are already signed in to the account on at least one device.

However, this might not be a problem, since most people in this situation are able to simply reset their account and sign back in to gain access. It looks like you recently purchased a license for mSecure 5, so I'm hoping you have been using the older version of mSecure before the purchase. Do you have access to your information in the older version of mSecure? If not, do you have access to your information in any version of mSecure running on any of your devices?

Login or Signup to post a comment