Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Remote sync file PW does not match cloud PW - Older Versions

I am syncing mSecure via dropbox across multiple devices & computers.  I am getting a sync error on the two that I have immediate access to "The PW in the remote sync file doesn't match your Cloud PW." When I go to preferences/cloud sync & show PW, it shows what I have recorded as the correct PW.  

If someone else who shares this account changed the Cloud Sync PW in Preferences on their device, would it cause the issue I am having?   Do I need to find out what they changed theirs to and then change the cloud sync PW on my computers to match?

Or is there another place where the remote sync file PW is set?

All devices are Mac/iOS.

Hi Erin,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you're experiencing. mSecure 3 and 4 use a cloud sync password when setting up Dropbox syncing. This password is a shared password for the sync file created in your Dropbox account (Dropbox/mSecure/mSecureSync.mscc). If this cloud sync password is changed in mSecure 3 or 4 on one device, the new cloud sync password will be required on all other devices using mSecure trying to sync via Dropbox syncing in mSecure. If you have your mSecure information on your device or devices, you are free to reset the cloud sync password without worries. Though you'll need to make note of the change and let anyone else using this know of the change if they wish to continue syncing in mSecure 3 or 4 with that same Dropbox account.

Please let me know if you have any more questions about this.

Login or Signup to post a comment