Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Account self-destruct activated - Pro License lost?

Hello, my kid triggered the self-destruct feature. Is the Pro License now lost? I tried logging back in, but it said the account is not existing anymore. So i created a new one with the same email-adress. But i didn't automatically got a Pro License. Regards

HI Nathanael,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you're experiencing. All that the self-destruct option does is reinstall mSecure. You can then simply sign in to the same mSecure account and if you're using our mSecure Cloud, all of your information will sync right in. If you are using a different sync feature, you would need to set up that feature again in our settings. You created an account for the email address you are using on this forum today. This is a new account. This is not the same as whichever account you were using before and the purchase of an mSecure 5 license is tied to the mSecure account used to purchase it with.

I would advise you to reinstall mSecure 5 on your device and sign in to the correct mSecure account. The account you used to purchase your mSecure information with and the account you where you likely have all of your mSecure information.

Hello, thank you for your reply. Maybe i typed the email adress in wrong. Is there a way to find out which account it is through the ordering number of the pro license? If further information is required: i also know the password. Regards

Hi Nathanael,

I managed to find what I believe is typo account for nathanal.exes@gmail.com in our system. I'm assuming you created that account? mSecure 5 will send out an authentication email with the encrypted account key and QR code to the email address for the account you're using, but you had a typo in this case. Since mSecure 5 was reinstalled and you were only using it on Android, you most likely won't be able to recover your mSecure information on that account unless you manually saved the QR code image found in your account settings in mSecure 5.

However, I can transfer your purchase from the typo account to your new mSecure account instead. Would you like me to go ahead and do that now?

Hello, no i was just setting it up, i didn't save it. Thanks, i would appreciate if you could transfer the license to nathanael.exes@gmail.com. Thank you very much for your help. Regards
Thank you very much for your help. No, i didn't save it, i was in the set-up progress. Transferring the license to the new account would be very good, please do that. Regards

Hi Nathanael, 

I have transferred your purchase from the typo account to your newer proper mSecure account. That change should be immediate on any device you're signed into though you might need to go into the lock screen of mSecure 5 and unlock mSecure 5 again to view the account change.

Thank you very much. Regards

Login or Signup to post a comment