When using WiFi syncing to sync your information in mSecure 5, there are many issues that can prevent your devices from being able to communicate with each other on your local network. Our first recommendation would be to restart your router and device(s)/computer(s) to see if that fixes local networking issues. Beyond that, please use this guide for common Wi-Fi syncing issues.
When trying to use Wi-Fi syncing with Windows, please make sure you’ve set the network/ethernet setting to “Make this PC discoverable” and(or) make sure to set your network connection to a private connection in order to use Wi-Fi syncing in mSecure 5.
If using a wired connection on your computer
- Click the notifications icon on the bottom right corner of the taskbar
- Click “All Settings”
- Click “Network & Internet”
- Click “Ethernet”
- Click “Network” or the network that matches the network you’re using as the Main Computer in mSecure 5
- Enable the “Make this PC discoverable”
- Restat computer
If using a wireless connection on your computer
- Click the Internet Access icon on the bottom right corner of the taskbar
- Click “Properties” for the network you’re connect to
- Under “Network profile, switch your network profile to “Private”
- Do not switch your computer’s network to private if using a public WiFi connection. Also, you shouldn’t be trying to sync via WiFi using public WiFi connection…
- Restart computer