If you’re new to mSecure, learn how to use the iOS app to manage your passwords, credit cards, secure notes, and more.
Create and manage your records
When you open mSecure, you’ll see a list of all your items, like your passwords and credit cards. Select a record to see its details:
Create a record
To add an item to mSecure, tap the plus button, and choose the type of record you would like to add. Enter the record’s details and tap the check mark to save.
Edit a record
To edit a record, view the record’s details, and tap the Edit option
Add a field
When creating or editing a record, you can add custom fields to each record. To do so, tap the “Add Field” option when in the Edit screen.
Attach an image
When creating or editing a record, you can add a photo by taking a photo with your device’s camera or selecting the photo from your Photo Library.
Quickly search and access records
Use mSecure’s search and favorites toggle to quickly view and access your information
Easily access your most important records by marking your favorite records and enabling the Favorites toggle.
Searching is the fastest way to find what you need in mSecure.
To search, tap the search bar.
The navigation drawer gives you access to most of mSecure’s options. To view the navigation drawer, tap the three horizontal lines(hamburger menu) icon on the top left corner of mSecure’s main view.
Switch between All Items and the main record types
mSecure has 3 main record types easily accessible at all times along with All Items and Recent items to make accessing your information as easy as possible.
Tap one of the options to view the corresponding records.
Use our new Security Center to keep up with your Login record’s security. Here you’ll be able to see how many weak, duplicate, and(or) old passwords you have. You’ll also be able to change the passwords for your online accounts directly from the security center insuring that all of your online accounts are kept safe and up to date.
Our build-in browser makes auto-login, auto-submit, and auto-capture easy. You can also access all of your mSecure information within the built-in browser. However, you can also uses our Action Extensions to login to your online accounts using other browsers.
mSecure allows you to sort items by Group, Type, Name, and Date. Your sort selection will follow you with the groups filters.
Filter between Groups
mSecure comes with 3 built-in groups. By default mSecure starts with Personal, Business, and Unassigned groups. When you create a record, it will added as an unassigned group by default. However, you are free to change the group when creating or editing a record.
You can also create new groups by going going into the mSecure settings, tapping Edit Groups, and tapping the + icon.
To access the mSecure settings, tap the hamburger menu (top left corner icon) and tap settings.
Here you will be able to view account settings and change your password
The security options allow you to enable/disable TouchID, change Auto-Lock settings, enable Self-Destruct, and enable/disable Hide Sensitive.
- Touch ID: Allows you to use your fingerprint to unlock mSecure.
- Auto-Lock: By default, mSecure Auto-Locks immediately after you leave mSecure. However, you can change that setting here.
- Self-Destruct: The Self-Destruct feature allows you to have your mSecure information removed from your device after a certain amount of failed login attempts. The information is only removed from your device. You can sign back into mSecure on the device later or on another device to access your information.
- Hide Sensitive: Tell mSecure whether you would like to automatically view sensitive information in mSecure like passwords or credit card numbers.
This option allows you to enable Apple Watch. Minimum system requirements: Watch OS 2.2
The edit options allow you to Edit Groups, Types, and permanently delete records or recover records.
The sync options will allow you to enable/disable the mSecure Cloud and backup and restore from device backups of mSecure.
- mSecure Cloud: Turning off cloud syncing will remove your information from the mSecure Cloud. Your information will be retained on all your devices currently syncing with the cloud, but once syncing is disabled in mSecure on a device, it will be disabled on all other devices as well. Cloud syncing can be re-enabled at any time in the future.
- Backups: Backups are created automatically and are stored on your device. Your backups are stored inside the mSecure app folder. If you delete mSecure from your device, any backups you have will also be deleted.
The Browser settings allow you to choose what browser you’d like to use, enable/disable Auto-Submit, clear cookies and data from the built-in browser, change Auto-Copy options, and set the default home page in the built-in browser.
These options give you support information, let you recommend mSecure, and view About information.
To lock mSecure simply tap the lock icon on the top left corner when in the navigation drawer.