In order to transfer your information, you will need to create a local backup in mSecure 4, then move that backup to your new phone. Afterwards, you should be able to restore from that backup in mSecure 5.
IMPORTANT: A local backup is different than creating a Gmail backup in the old mSecure app. It is important that you do NOT use the Gmail backup feature, because mSecure 5 won't be able to restore from the backup created in that manner.
Please follow the steps below:
- Open mSecure 4 on your old device, and unlock the app
- Tap the "mSecure" icon in the upper left corner or swipe your finger from the left side of the screen
- Tap "Settings" in the bottom of the menu
- Scroll down and tap "Backup," then tap "Internal SD Card"
- Tap Continue to make a backup of your data to your internal SD card
- Tap "OK"
This creates a backup onto your device's Internal SD Card. You should be able to find the backup by going to your device's main storage folder, then find the "mSecure" folder. Open that folder, and you should see the backup you just created with a very current time/date stamp in the name of the file. Go ahead and attach that backup to an email, then send the email to yourself so that you will have access to it on your new phone. Alternatively, you can simply move that file to a folder in your Google Drive account, then export it to the "Downloads" folder on your new phone. If you go the email route, open the email you sent to yourself on your new phone, and download the attached backup file to your "Downloads" folder.
To restore from the backup you just created:
- Open mSecure 5 on your new phone and unlock the app
- Tap the menu icon in the top left of the main view
- Tap "Settings" at the bottom of the list of options
- Scroll down and tap "Restore"
- Navigate to the "Downloads" folder and open it
- Find the backup file you just created, then tap it to restore the data from the file
- Enter the password you are using to unlock the mSecure 4 app on your old phone to start the restore process
After you have completed these steps, you should now see all of your existing mSecure data in mSecure 5. If you are making use of one of the sync features, within a minute or two, all of the data that was just restored should sync over to all your devices running mSecure 5 and signed in to the same account.