Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure-Unterstützung

Geplant

Suggestion for a compact view

I just upgraded to msecure 5. Thanks for the update. The one thing that I'm seeing is the individual entries are very large, which limits how many can fit on the screen at once. This includes the Windows app as well as the ios app. It would be nice to be able to select a "compact" view.  

12 Personen gefällt die Idee

Hi Nacy (and other customers),

Thank you for your feedback! While we don't have plans to go back to a more table-like view that was used in the older desktop versions, we do have changes that will be coming to the UI in mSecure 6, and there will be more changes as we continue development, of course. One of the main things we are adding back to the app is the ability to change the template being used for records, so that will address the one issue you mentioned where you loose context. I'm not sure if we will offer a more compact view in the future, but it is something on our radar.

I agree with all the above. I don't know why those in the interface design world started this trend of having more white space instead of having more data displayed on the page. I think it has made mSecure less usable.  In the same vein, in the previous version, the Type was displayed horizontally along with the Description which helped to navigate. Now, you lose dimension entirely.  We have close to 400 entries and I find the new version difficult to effectively use. I have had to rename a lot of our Descriptions to include Type but then the font is too big to see it all.  Perhaps, you needed testers who were heavy users of the version to help with the re-design.  We shouldn't have had to lose so much functionality with this redesign.  Thanks for listening.

One of the suggestions in this thread is an Excel-like view on a Windows or Mac computer, much like V4 had. I very much like that idea.  And I agree wholeheartedly about all the wasted space on the Android versions. That's a big reason I haven't switched to V5.

+1 for the ability to "Collapse All" / "Expand All" (Groups / Types).

Please bring back the ability to collapse groups. I have just upgraded to 5 and was disappointed when I realized that ability was gone. I know it may seem like a small detail, but it was very useful. As others have stated, a smaller font would be nice too. Unfortunately, I will be returning to version 4 and keeping a watchful eye on future updates of version 5. Your software has been an invaluable tool for helping manage many things for me and I thank you for that.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your gratitude and understanding here. With mSecure 5, we tried to create an app that most customers can like. We also tried creating a more modern and clean app. However, we understand that we can always do a bit more to help customers who have specific tastes or preferences. Your feedback here is important to us, and I'll make sure that others at mSeven Software keep this feature request and feedback in mind for our future updates and design decisions. 

As some person (as I) have more that 280 records a agile interface  is a must.

Thanks for the reply, and apologies if I came off as unduly critical. Everyone has their preferences, so I'll just acknowledge that my preferences can't be met in the updated product... There are lots of other people that likely prefer the interface as it is.

Thanks for your efforts and for having a great product over the years.

@Mike

Are you unable to use the scrollbar? Scrolling shouldn't take long at all with the scrollbar. Additionally, we have groups and types you can filter by. You can also filter by favorites and search records to easily find and use a record.

@Mike Anderson

I'm sorry that you are not enjoying mSecure 5. Although this is a feature we are looking into, along with a dark mode, we have no immediate plans to change things. If we decide to set up a compact view and(or) dark mode, it will be months before we have it available. I'm sorry that you find our UI "Unusable." As with the other Mike, I would recommend filtering by groups, types, favorites, or using the search option to easily find and use your records in mSecure 5.

+1 to this "request"  - I've been happily using version 3.x for many years switching over from splashID. I paid to upgrade to version 5 several months back and am just getting around to doing the upgrade. I'm really disappointed. I don't even think this version is usable with this giant font.  Not only does it make shoulder surfing easy, it is really difficult to use with lots of entries...  I'll hold out a few more weeks before resorting to other options, but this is not a viable solution. I'm happy the product is getting updated, and recognize that not only did the product need an update, but that supporting you by purchasing an early upgrade was worthwhile, but this was a misfire to me.  This UI is unusable.

Agree with all the above. With >400 entries I have to scroll for ages to from one end of the alphabet to the other. To make matter worse, there doesn't seem to be any easy way of collapsing or expanding each alphabetic groups or the whole list. Taking up nearly the whole 13" screen isn't a step forward.

Please make font size user configurable. 

Let me add my vote for an option to display information in a more compact format, like version 3.5.7 that I still run on my Macs.  The large format, while "more modern", reduces that amount of information on the screen, thereby increasing the amount of scrolling.  Currently I have 297 items in mSecure, and I'm happy with the way it works.  I'd love to update to show my support for mSeven Software, but the large format is a deal breaker.

I change from msecure 4 and yes, the fonts are so big in my mac, is crazy that I need to move a lot to read a little more. And as I search why can't be display the System and group to the name of the record, this details make me crazy, not sure if like this new version at all, the old is more fast and the elements are more easy accessible

@Brad Price: 

You are absolutely right. Having a compact view for the new mSecure version would be great. The current version is using much to large fonts. Therefore long file titles can't be seen completely anymore. And: if I open a password manager I don't like the idea that anybody around me can see what I am doing. 

@support team: 

Please make it smaller! 

In your screens shots, the old version shows 20+ records and MANY fields for each record, in the same amount of space the new version screen shot shows only 9, with much less information.

Also, the Show Sensitive button (eyeball) is tiny and difficult to click, compared to the old version

Anmelden oder Registrieren um einen Kommentar zu veröffentlichen