Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure-Unterstützung

Comparing Files

I have the old mSecure app and the new mSecure app on my iPhone. The data associated with the new app is consistent with the mSecure desktop program I am running on my Windows 10 PC. 

I have generated backup files with the old app and the new app. I know these files are not identical. How can I compare them to identify which records to reconcile?

Thanks in advance,

Rick

Hi Rich,

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to do here. However, you could always use mSecure 3 or 4 and mSecure 5. You would be able to restore your .msim backup file in mSecure 3 or 4 and compare it to your information in mSecure 5?

The problem:

Without realizing it, I was updating the old app (version 4.5.4)  and therefore modifying one mSecure database while my wife was updating the new app (version 5.5.3) with a different database. The result is that the new database has 679 entries and the old database has 684 entries.

My need:

I want an automated way to identify which entries are not identical. Then I can manually reconcile them. 

Thanks,

Rick

Not automatic but could you just sort the records by date (modified date) and the ones with newest changes would then appear at the top of each list?
Ben, Thank you! Problem solved. Rick

Anmelden oder Registrieren um einen Kommentar zu veröffentlichen