Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket
Not Taken

Support for Windows 7

I'm still happily using Windows 7 on my work laptop and would very much like to access my passwords. Now I am forced to use version 3 and sync the passwords manually. Is there a way to install the Windows client for version 5 on Windows 7?

3 people like this idea

Hi Paul,

Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, mSecure 5.5 is not compatible with Windows 7. Currently, we don't have any specific plans for adding support for Windows 7, as Microsoft has officially ended mainstream support of that version of the OS, and the extended support will end in January of 2020 (for more information: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet).

We are in ongoing talks about what can be done to give at least limited support for Windows 7, but at this time, there are no concrete plans for a .exe version of mSecure 5. I'm sorry I don't have better news here.

Same topic with me ! I will continue useing  win 7 prof x64 still for next years and feel it is unjustifieable from a company like yours ,to cut your support in this way! I think many customers of the former version, will think like I do! It cuts your trustwothiness in such a sensitive product and leads to change the product soon! 

I am in the same boat and run many, many applications on my Windows 7 PC and do not have a single other one that is not supporting Windows 7 Prof 64 Bit.  Will just have to stay on Version 3 of mSecure as long as I can.

I'm not sure how exactly it cuts our trustworthiness but I'm sorry you feel this way. We're a small company so we had to decide on a single platform that would use are resources best on Windows. With Windows 7 support already done and end-of-life support ending in 2020, we thought it would be best to go with Windows 10 here. It was not our intention to cut support, but there's only so much we can do as company. Creating a UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app allowed us to be able to provide mSecure 5 for Windows to computers, tablets, and other mobile devices all through a single app. 

Hi mSecure

I thought i was alone in my disgruntled state!

I actually enjoy using msecure for win 7 and also on my devices, so much so that when i heard of the new 5 version i wanted to be an early adopter and signed up. It's arrival appeared to be late and then i found there was no backward compatibility for Win7. I work in IT and appreciate win 7 OS soon unsupported, but believe it premature not to include campatibility in you new offerings at least untill the EOL for win7 has passed.

Ive paid for a newer better product in msecure 5 which i currently cant use and not completely transitioned to win10 and i rely on this product at times.

Can anyone tell me if this is going to be addressed? 

If not then i feel the product is not mature enough and may have to reluctantly look at other offerings.

Regards

TC

Thanks Tony, fully agree with about Win 7 Pro support and also appreciate the small development staff at mSeven. As long as they continue to update and provide aupport for the Veraion 3 product line, i am good with V 3 on all my platforms, that is my only concern at the moment. I do know that when I replace any of my Windows 7 computers, I will make the leap to Windows 10 and learn to appreciate it more, I just don’t see that happening in the near future. Maurice
I complained about it because after I paid new version of mSecure,I just knew it doesn’t work on WIN 7.and got a refund. And still I’m getting ad mail for mSecure 5.5.I’m happy with former version.

Please feel free to unsubscribe from the email listing. Each marketing email has an unsubscribe option at the bottom of the email. We will not send you any additional marketing emails once unsubscribed. 

is there a way for me to get the previous version that i can use on windows 7?

Hi Todd,

Thank you for contacting us. Yes, you can always download the previous versions. Here's a guide that shows you how: https://m7software.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/36000064249-how-to-download-previous-versions

I don't believe that dropping support for Windows 7 was necessary other than someone in dev forced thingsin that direction.  I'll decide when i need to upgrade to Windows 10.  Perhaps you could have upgraded the compromise that is v3.5 on Windows first?

Looking into how to export/import into something less constantly disappointing

Working for a global we are slow to upgrade our OS. As a daily user of mSecure for password management I was also disappointed that support for Win7 was scrapped. Interesting move given many companies I have worked for are similar and we IT pros are probably your heaviest users. Begrudgingly looking for another product now..

NOW, I find out Windows 7 isn't supported after jumping on the Labor Day sale.  You people are either incompetent, or liars.  An app as simple as mSecure could easily be coded for Win7, so I can only assume that you've decided to become another Microsoft lap dog.  I hope they at least pay you for being one.

I should have known you were incompetent when you screwed up Dropbox support on 3.5.6 on Kindle.   And then took a year to get the old features into the new version.

I'll be eternally ashamed of letting you fool me again, and I guarantee you will be able to find plenty of negative reviews going forward.

For the record, Windows 7 still has 2/3 of the market.  Because 99% of Windows users know Win10 sucks hard.

sas

Comments to this discussion are now closed!