Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket
Not Taken

Linux Desktop

Hi, I'm a newbie to this forum, but a long time Msecure user. I couldn't find any reference to Linux in the Forum discussions, so I'd like to request a Linux version of Msecure desktop. I can't bring myself to install Windows 10 and of course Msecure Desktop doesn't install on XP. But I've been migrating to Linux, and would love to take Msecure 5 with me. Thanks

9 people like this idea
Just an update - I exchanged some messages with Mike; they were interested in getting me the details I needed in order to write something (like the key derivation function and parameters they’re using), but they were also pretty busy with the 6.1 release at the time. I’ll check back in with them after 6.1’s out the door. Just to set expectations, though - I’m not planning to release anything without their approval, and they haven’t said anything along those lines yet. So this might come to nothing… but we can hope. :-)

+1 for Linux (Pop!OS/Ubuntu)

I'm considering migrating from Windows 10 to Linux Mint and the only thing holding me back now is mSecure. I've been using mSecure via local sync to share secure information (bank, credit card, login, etc) with my wife. We're still using mSecure 4 on our phones and 3.5 on our Windows machines. We would very much like a Linux version of mSecure, which we'll gladly pay for.

+1 for Linux (Raspberry Pi)

Hi

My workaround to the problem of no linux support ;-) has been to install Oracle Virtual box to run Windows (as a guest OS) on my  linux host, and simply install/run msecure on the virtual Windows. That works fine (also for msecure wifi syncs, which is what I use to sync my Android phone). Of course this requires a WindowsOS license for when you install Windows as the guest OS...

If this seems a crumby solution, note that it also solves the problem for other hardware that does not  provide Linux support (e.g. my Samsung phone!)

Login or Signup to post a comment