The app already allows the use of fingerprint readers to login, it would be great to be able to use the same process when resetting the master password or doing anything in the app that requires it.
I'm not sure I understand your feature request. mSecure 5 on iOS and Android lets you unlock the app using your fingerprint. mSecure 5 on iOS and Android also allows you to use your fingerprint in order to change your account password. Due to security reasons, we do not save the account password using Touch ID or Nexus Imprint anywhere and have no way to show the account password. If you lose access to Touch ID or Fingerprint access in mSecure 5, and have forgotten your account password, you will need to go through an account reset in order to reset your account and create a new account password.
No, mSecure 4 does not support this feature.
However, if you still have access to mSecure 4 via Touch ID, please use these instructions to fix your issue:
Since you still have access to mSecure 4 on your device thanks to Touch ID, you can fix this issue by either syncing your mSecure 4 information to another device that has mSecure 3 or 4 or by simply setting up Dropbox syncing in mSecure 4, changing the default cloud sync password, reinstalling mSecure 4 on your device, and setting up Dropbox syncing again in mSecure 4 after you create a new login password. This all might sound complicated, but it should be relatively easy and quick.
Important Note: Please update to mSecure 4.5.4 before continuing
First, use this guide to learn how to set up Dropbox syncing in mSecure 4: https://support.msecure.com/knowledge-base/dropbox-syncing-for-ios
After you set up Dropbox syncing in mSecure 4, make sure to change the cloud sync password. The cloud sync password is set up using your mSecure 4 login password. However, you can always change it to something else.
1. Open and login to mSecure 4
2. Tap the gear icon
3. Tap Sync Setup
4. Tap Dropbox
5. Tap "Change your password"
6. Please exit the settings and go back into the Dropbox settings and tap the Show Password option to confirm that the cloud sync password has changed. This is very important.
7. Uninstall mSecure 4 (if you're using mSecure 5, you'll need to uninstall mSecure 5 first)
8. Install mSecure 4. How to reinstall a previously purchased app: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201272
and follow these steps afterwards:
1. Find mSecure 4 on your home screen, and open it
2. After tapping on the “Start” button at the bottom of the Welcome screens, go ahead and set your password
3. Then set up Dropbox syncing in mSecure again to sync back all of your information. You’ll have to use the cloud sync password that you set up initially.
Afterwards, make sure to turn Touch ID on again if you’d like to continue using that feature.Lastly, set up Dropbox syncing in mSecure again to sync back all of your information and don't forget to set up Touch ID again.
You need to add your fingerprint using the phone security settings.
On the iPhone its under Settings => Touch ID & Passcode
Thank you for contacting us. As Andy mentioned, you have to set up Touch ID in the iOS Settings. After that, you also need to set up Touch Id in the mSecure 5 settings. mSecure 5 -> Settings -> Enable Touch ID