Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Cant I not do a free upgrade to 5.5 from old version

Hi Team,

This is sylvester, I have been using this software for pretty much many years. I am one of those who were chasing you when windows 10 launched. I bought previous version of your software, however I see its upgrade now to 5.5

Do I need to pay for it?

Thanks,

Sylvester

Hi Sylvester,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you're experiencing. I'm not sure I understand your question here. mSecure 5 and mSecure 5.5 are the same app. mSecure 5.5 is a regular update to mSecure 5.0. It's simply a big and was an awaited update since it brought back all the sync options customers were wanting. If you purchased an mSecure 5 license, you'll have a purchase associated with an mSecure account and would simply need to update the app via your devices app store.

The purchase of an mSecure 5 license is tied to the mSecure account used to purchase it with. All that said, the email address you are using on this website is a free mSecure account created very recently on March 7th, 2018.

I signed up for the 5.5 version with my current emaill address and had a free account under an old outgoing email address, how can I transfer info?

Brad

Hi Bradley,

I'm not sure I understand your question here. You can always create a backup file of mSecure on any account: https://support.msecure.com/knowledge-base/msecure-backups and restore from that backup on any account you wish as long as you know the backup's password. Note: all backups are encrypted with the account password in use at the time of the backup's creation.

I do not know the password to my old account, just the password to get into the account.

How can I get a new password?

Brad

I have tried to send my info by email to my new account but the old account will not let me because it is asking for a new version update.

Brad

I  had  the Msecure account for many years, lost the login password.  Now I found the password. When I log in there are no records.  How can I restore my records. After restoring the earlier records, I want to pay and update to 5.5 version.  Please advise how I can do this.

Login or Signup to post a comment