Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

I cannot authenticate my account in any device

I bought pro version, but I cannot authenticate my account in my iPhone neither in my iPad. When I scan the QR code does not bring me anywhere but to a browser saying too long name or nothing found. No clue who may I find the account key which suppose to be in the QR code, but when you scan the QR code again back to a browser in no mans land. I am not an IT expert and the only thing I want is to use the app in my Macbook, iPhone and iPad easily and with no complexities, or to get back my money. Thank you for any help.

Josep

Hi Josep,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you are experiencing.  I'm not sure I understand what you mean about having to use a browser here or pulling up a browser. To authenticate your account on a Mac, simply bring up the QR code email or QR code itself in a window, open mSecure 5 and sign in to your account, and drag the mSecure window with the cutout over the QR code to authenticate:

If you have iCloud Drive enabled, mSecure 5 will save your encrypted account key on your iCloud Drive after you authenticate. This will then allow you to automatically authenticate your account on iOS if you are using the same iCloud account on those device and have iCloud Drive enabled. If iCloud Drive is not enabled on your iOS devices:

1. Open the QR code email or view the QR code in mSecure 5 for Mac after you've signed in and authenticated your account (mSecure 5 -> Preferences -> Account -> Reveal Account Key)
  2. Open mSecure 5 on your iOS device and sign in to your mSecure account
  3. Select the Camera Authentication option
  4. Scan the QR code on your Mac

Note that the email address you are using on this forum is using a free account created on July 13th, 2017. Free accounts cannot sync nor backup and restore. Free accounts can only create, edit, and remove groups and records in mSecure.

I am a Pro user, and cannot sync either. I've tried authenticating, but nothing "drags" over. I've got the authentication email, I can view the QR code, but there's nothing to do with it. Can you explain more about "dragging" the QR code? Specific step-by-step instructions please. I have had trouble with mSecure 5 since the day I bought it, this is about my third time seeking help, I even ended up accidentally buying it twice. Still can't sync between devices. 

Hi Anita,

I'm sorry about the delay in my response. Please use this guide to go over how to authenticate your account on all platforms: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000064260-set-up-msecure

Comments to this discussion are now closed!