Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Deleted mSecure App.

Help. Deleted mSecure app

1 person has this problem

Thank you for contacting us. I have created a new ticket in our system, and a support agent will respond to you shortly to get this issue resolved via email.

i did the same thing.  Deleted v4 app and now I can't access my backup file.  i also cannot verify first time log in on my computer.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for contacting us. When you say you "can't access your backup file," can you explain that in more detail? Are you going through the steps to restore from a backup file you had created earlier, or are you trying to set up one of mSecure's sync features? What happens when you do this? Does mSecure show you any error messages?

Also, what do you mean when you say you "cannot verify first time log in on your computer?" Are you trying to sign in to mSecure 5 now?

My phone crashed and I was still using the older app version.   I have a new phone and can only download the v5 app.  

How do I upload a backup from v4 to the v5 version?  I cannot access my password file.

You should have no problems restoring from your backup file as long as you were running mSecure 4.5.4 when the backups were created. Can you let me know where you have the backup files stored? Are they email backups? If so, you should be able to tap on the attached backup file in one of the emails, then tap "Copy to mSecure" in the dialog that slides up from the bottom of your screen.

Login or Signup to post a comment