Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

mSecure 3.5.7 needs 2 clicks to open

I have the 3.5.7 icon in my toolbar and when I click the icon it will not open but does show it underlined. I have to click it a second time for it to open. The same for a 3.5.7  icon on the desktop. I have I have "Single-click to open an tiem (point to select)" checked so this should not do this. mSecure 3.5.7 is is the only app/program that does this.  I also have mSecure 5 on the desktop and this does not do this.

Suggestions on how to fix this appreciated.

I'm not sure what could be causing this to happen, as I have never encountered the issue or run into other customers reporting it. The first thing I would try doing is simply reboot the computer to see if that fixes the problem. An issue like this does seem like glitch, so it might be that a restart will fix it.

If the reboot doesn't solve the problem, the only other thing I can think of doing is deleting and reinstalling the app. Before we do that, can you let me know if restarting your computer had any effect on the issue? Also, do you have another PC on which you are running mSecure?

Mike, thanks for the quick reply. Rebooting doesn't fix the issue. I've tried the sfc and again no help.

When you say you tried the sfc, what do you mean? The next step would be to reinstall mSecure, and see if that would help, but I'm not sure what sfc means, so I'll hold off on those instructions.

1. The sfc is a utility that finds and corrects corrupted system files (system file checker). It's used in a command prompt like scf /scannow.

2. I uninstalled/deleted the existing mSecure 3.5.7. It appears that it wasn't correctly registered and couldn't be uninstalled or modified so I deleted the folder and re-booted. I then installed an older version, 3.5.6, and it appears to be running OK. No more double clicks to open.

I'll see how it goes.

It's good to hear everything is working as it should now! Let me know if should you need further assistance.

Login or Signup to post a comment