Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Simple solution to editing/changing types.

I posted this to the old discussion too.

I just finally upgraded to v5 so I am 3 years passed this discussion.     I am pleased to hear about v6 resolving the editing of Types issue.   However, I did think of one other solution you might want to consider that is very simple.  

Why not create another field or record type called "Category"?  This would simply be a filtering tag separate and apart from Type.   This solves the issue of the Type being a template versus how we want to organize our records.   It would be easy to change with out disrupting the item structure.     As an upgrade, I would also move the Icons to the Category since they would get much more daily use.    I doubt that Types would miss the Icons.   

Hi Stephen, 

Thank you for contacting us. I'm going to write out here what I wrote in response to the other thread. If I'm misunderstanding you, go ahead and respond here in this thread. Here's what I wrote in the other thread:

I'm not entirely sure what you are saying here, but it's possible you are just asking for a "Tags" feature, which is implemented in mSecure 6. In the new version, you will be able to add multiple tags to records for organizational purposes. It's not exactly what you are saying here, but any tag can be used for any purpose by the user, so it should be flexible enough for what you are describing here.

Login or Signup to post a comment