Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Sync error 3840

When trying to sync mSecure 5 from my iPhone (8Plus) to the mSecure cloud, I get "Sync Error:  There was an error saving data to the mSecure Cloud.  The data couldn't be read because it isn't in the correct format. (3840). "  

What does this mean, and how can I fix it?

For background info: I recently switched to version 5.  I imported my data from version 4 to version 5 on my iPhone, following the directions carefully.  The import was successful with no apparent problem.  The only problem is trying to sync to mSecure cloud.  

2 people have this question

Hi Laurie,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. I'm not sure what could be causing this error message. I've actually never seen this particular error before, so it's a bit of a mystery as to what's happening here. I'm going to have you try turning of mSecure Cloud syncing, waiting for a few minutes, and turn it back on. What this will do is simply remove the data from your mSecure Cloud account, then after you turn it back on, it will re-upload it. I'm hoping that reset process will take care of the problem.

Go ahead open mSecure on your iPhone, then tap the menu icon in the top left corner of the app. In the menu that slides in, tap Settings, then tap Sync Settings in the Settings screen. Tap the row at the top to change the sync feature, then choose Disable. You'll see a message telling the data will be removed from the cloud, and that's what we want. It will remain in the mSecure app on your device. After disabling the syncing, wait for about 3 minutes, then go back to the sync settings and turn mSecure Cloud syncing back on again.

Did that have any effect on the problem Laurie?

Login or Signup to post a comment