Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

How to remove multiple. duplicate entries from mSecure 6.1.4

I am a long-time user of Dataviz Passwords Plus.

Dataviz discontinued support for Passwords Plus in 2022, at which time I downloaded mSecure and imported my PWP csv into mSecure.

Since I find PWP easier to use, I have continued to put new passwords into PWP and not into mSecure.

However, with an impending upgrade to Mac OS 14 I decided to abandon PW Plus, which does not sync across all my devices and start using mSecure.

Today I imported my PWP csv file into mSecure and discovered lots of duplicates.

Is there an easy way to remove the duplicates, or do I have to do it one by one?

Thanks for any help!

Caroline

Hi Caroline,

Thank you for contacting us. The reason for the duplicate records is due to how the CSV import works. It's a bit difficult to explain, and not very necessary in this case, but importing from a CSV file needs to allow for data to be imported in with other data. In this case, the simplest way to fix the problem would be to simply delete all of the data you have in the app now and then re-import the PW+ CSV file. You can simply open mSecure, press "command + A" on your keyboard to select all of the records, then click the option to delete in the right column. After that, click "Deleted Records" in the left column and choose to permanently delete all of those records. After you have permanently deleted all the records, go ahead and import your PW+ CSV file again, and you should be all set.

Thanks, Mike!

I went ahead and did it the hard way, deleting the duplicate records one by one, but I will save your solution for future reference .

Caroline

No problem Caroline. It's great to hear everything's working now! Please do let me know if you need further assistance.

Login or Signup to post a comment