Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Update deleted face rec and don't remember password

with the recent update on iphone I lost my face rec and my msecure password is not working

I have backup on icloud, but can't access it because I can't log in.  I deleted the app, know I would lose the data, but now I can't create a new account because it says one with that email address already exists.  On the one hand, Msecure cant reset my password and now I can't create a new account with my email address???

Hi Deb,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to help you get access to your account, but it will require an account reset first. Before I send you those instructions, I need to be sure I'm on the same page with you, because an account reset cannot be undone, and all of the data stored in the app will be destroyed.

Real quick, are you saying you understand you'll need to start over from scratch, and all you're trying to do at this point is get access to your account again?

One other quick note, any backup you currently have will be encrypted with the password you cannot remember. Once we get your account reset, should you try to restore a backup, it will require you entering the old password. Since you don't know that password, mSecure will not be able to decrypt the data and the restore will fail. So after you reset your account, there will be no way to get the data back unless you remember the password you have forgotten.

Login or Signup to post a comment