Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

MSecure no longer supported by IOS

I got the error message “msecure 4 support has ended” after updating my iOS on my iPhone. How can retrieve my passwords stored in msecure if I forgot my msecure password? I was able to open the msecure App only with FaceID

Hi Thierno,

Thank you for contacting us. When you say you get an error message that mSecure 4 support has ended, are you saying you cannot open the mSecure 4 app any longer, or are you just seeing the message we added to the app after it's opened? If you open mSecure 4 again, and you see that message, are you able to dismiss the message and continue using the app?

Also, have you downloaded mSecure 6 yet from the App Store? If so, were you able to create an account?

No. msecure 4 won’t open at all in my iPhone after my latest iOS the upgrade. I get that error message when trying to open msecure 4. I’ve downloaded the latest msecure app but I can’t login because I forgot my master key

Ok, once you're able to access mSecure 6, you'll be able to import your data from mSecure 4. Since you get authenticate as the owner of the account, you'll simply need to reset your mSecure 6 account, then you'll be able to start from scratch and when you sign in for the first time after the reset, you should be asked to import your data from mSecure 4. You can follow the instructions below.

To be clear, resetting your mSecure account will have no effect on the data stored in mSecure 4. mSecure accounts debuted in mSecure 5, so any versions prior to that didn't tie in to any type of account system. Any changes made to your mSecure account will have absolutely no effect on the information stored in mSecure 4.

To reset your account, follow the steps below:

1) Delete mSecure 6 from your device(s). IMPORTANT: Do not delete mSecure 4.

2) Open this link in your web browser on any device: https://www.msecure.com/request_password_start/

3) Enter your email address in the "Email Address" field, then click "START PROCESS"

4) You'll receive an email with information for the account reset. Read that email, then click "RESET ACCOUNT".

5) Enter a new password two times, enter a hint to help you remember the password, then click "RESET ACCOUNT"

6) Install mSecure from the store app on your device - App Store app, Play app, or Microsoft Store app

7) Open the app and move through the screens until you are asked to Sign In or Sign Up for an account

8) Tap the option to Sign In using your account's email and new password you just set

9) Choose which sync feature you would like to use

10) When prompted, choose the option to import your data from mSecure 4

Login or Signup to post a comment