Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Support mSecure

Broken phone, lost password

Hello, unfortunately my phone is broken and I had to re-install msecure app on another phone.

It is now asking me for log in mail and password, which I don't remember.

I have loads of user names and passwords in my app on the broken phone so I would like to recover them.

Data backup was enabled on my old phone. 

What can I do?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you're experiencing. It sounds like you might have been using mSecure 4 and now downloaded mSecure 5 on your phone. mSecure 5 is the first and only version of mSecure to use an account system. You'll need to create an account to get started with mSecure 5.

Since the older version(s) of mSecure isn't a cloud-based app, there is no way to "sign in" to an account where your information is stored online. Because of this, each older version of the mSecure's login password is device specific and your information is not automatically restored when an older version of mSecure is installed or reinstalled on a mobile device.

Are you running an older version of mSecure on any other devices, and is your data fully intact on at least one of them? If not, have you made any mSecure backups through either the Email Backup feature found in the preferences or through using our free backup software called mBackup? Perhaps you set up iCloud or Dropbox syncing in the older versions of mSecure in the past?

We have an automated reminder in the older iOS app for making backups, so it is possible that you made an email backup some time in the past. Please search in your email accounts to see if you can find an email with "mSecure", "mism" or "mscx" in them. If you find an email backup you can use this guide to restore from an email backup file: https://m7software.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/36000022240-email-backup-and-restore-v4 or you can restore from that backup in mSecure 5: https://m7software.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/folders/36000102609

Connexion ou Inscription pour poster un commentaire