Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

Reset my lost mSecure 4.5.4 password?

How do I reset my lost mSecure 4.5.4 password?

15 persone hanno questo problema

Hi Scott,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you're experiencing. Since the older version(s) of mSecure isn't a cloud-based app, there is no way to "sign in" to an account where your information is stored online. Because of this, each older version of the mSecure's login password is device specific and your information is not automatically restored when an older version of mSecure is installed or reinstalled on a mobile device. This means you can simply reinstall mSecure 4.5.4 to start over in the app. 

How to download a previously purchased app: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201272

How do reset my password

Hi Richard,

If using mSecure 4:

Since the older version(s) of mSecure isn't a cloud-based app, there is no way to "sign in" to an account where your information is stored online. Because of this, each older version of the mSecure's login password is device specific and your information is not automatically restored when an older version of mSecure is installed or reinstalled on a mobile device. Simply reinstall mSecure 4 to start over in mSecure 4.

With above comments are saying that those of us that cannot reset v4 passwords will not be able to sync with v5 pro? All data on v4 cannot be imported?

Hi Frank,

In order to migrate your information from mSecure 4 to mSecure 5, you need to know your mSecure 4 login password. If you're using mSecure 4 on iOS and don't know your login password, but can still unlock the app via Touch ID, we can help you fix your login password issue here. If you don't have Touch ID access and you've forgotten the mSecure 4 login password, you will not be able to migrate your information to mSecure 5. Additionally, all mSecure backup files are encrypted with the login password (v4) or account password (v5) in use at the time they were created. I'm happy to try to help you here with your issue if you can provide more information about your exact issue(s).

Hello,

Thank you for responding. Yes, i can access my v4 on IOS via touch id (pin number entry).  I don't have my login password for it and i would like to migrate to v5. Thanks for your help. 

Hi Frank,

Unfortunately, or fortunately, thee is no way to reset your mSecure login password. However, since you still have access to mSecure on your device thanks to Touch ID, you can fix this issue by either syncing your mSecure information to another device or by simply setting up Dropbox syncing in mSecure, changing the default cloud sync password, reinstalling mSecure on your device, and setting up Dropbox syncing again in mSecure after you create a new login password. This all might sound complicated, but it should be relatively easy and quick.

*Important Note: Please update to mSecure 4.5.4 before continuing*

First, use this guide to learn how to set up Dropbox syncing in mSecure: https://support.msecure.com/knowledge-base/dropbox-syncing-for-ios

After you set up Dropbox syncing in mSecure, make sure to change the cloud sync password. The cloud sync password is set up using your mSecure login password. However, you can always change it to something else.

1. Open and login to mSecure 
  2. Tap the gear icon
  3. Tap Sync Setup
  4. Tap Dropbox
  5. Tap "Change your password"

Then go ahead and reinstall mSecure on your device:

In order to reinstall mSecure on your iOS device, you can follow these steps:

1. Open your iOS device, and find mSecure on your home screen
  2. Tap and hold on the icon until it starts to wiggle
  3. Tap on the circle with the X in it in the upper left of the icon
  4. Confirm that you would like to delete the app
  5. Next, open the App Store app
  6. Tap on the Purchased button in the bottom right of your screen
    ** If you are on an iPhone, you will need to tap on Updates, then tap on Purchased at the top of the Updates screen
  7. Find mSecure in the list, then tap on the cloud icon to install it on your device
  8. Find mSecure on your home screen, and open it
  9. After tapping on the "Start" button at the bottom of the Welcome screens, go ahead and set your password

Lastly, set up Dropbox syncing in mSecure again to sync back all of your information and don't forget to set up Touch ID again. After all this, you'll be able to migrate to mSecure 5 using your new mSecure 4 login password. You can also create an email backup of mSecure 4 and restore from that backup in mSecure 5.

I’m sorry but yes, is a way to reset you password without lost your file , same thing happened 4 years ago and someone in the support center help me, he send me an email with the instructions and was able to access to msecure adding a new password and all my files was on it, i did not lost anything. How now no one can help me ?

Hi Ariadne,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you are experiencing.  The instructions above your reply are the instructions needed to fix a forgotten password issue in mSecure 4. However, you can only follow these instructions if you still have Touch ID/Face ID access to mSecure 4 on your device. If you are using mSecure 4, have forgotten you login password, and still have Touch ID/Face ID access, please follow the instructions I've provided on this topic.

Hi Eden I got your message but I have to set my account wit a new password, that is not the problem, how do I restore my file because when I trying to do it the message I get is the password is not the same, and I use Face ID. Please help me cause I really need it. Thank you

Hi Adriadne,

Please let me know your situation exactly because I don't know in what situation you're in. I don't know what version of mSecure you're trying to use or anything else. Also, do you still have access to mSecure 4 with all your information intact via Touch ID or Face ID? 

Accidentally I reset my phone thinking that was my daughter phone but a couple of weeks before I send a backup to my email, when I open msecure 4 I have to create a new password and and when I’m to restored my backup I get the message that I cannot restored because the password doesn’t match, please help me. Thank you

I'm sorry about the delay in my response. However, there is not much I can do here. Each mSecure backup file is encrypted with the login password (mSecure 4 or below) or account password (mSecure 5) in use when the backup file was created. In order to restore from that backup file, you'll need to know its password. For security reasons, there is no way around our encryption. You can try guessing your old password and hopefully restore from the backup file. you'll need to change your mSecure 4 login password to match the password in the backup file (mSecure > Settings > Change Password). Alternatively, you can try restoring from a different backup file whose password you might remember.

Password login is not working.

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento