Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

mSecure 5.5.3 for Android

mSecure 5.5.3 for Android has lots of changes or additions beyond the language translations that I wanted to go over briefly here.

New Main View with Alpha-Scroller:

New Menu View:

Video demo:

As you might have noticed, mSecure 5 for Android will no longer have the ALL(Items), Recents, Logins, Credit Cards, and (Secure) Notes tabs in the main view. Instead, the tab system is gone and the filters have been moved to the menu area instead. This not only makes the Android version more similar to the iOS version, but it also fixes just about all the performance issues customers have had with our Android version. Data sets of 1,000 records now take less than a second to display on Android when you first start mSecure 5. This will not only improve the speed of displaying your records but will also result in fixes for issues with our search function. 

Unfortunately, type as you go has not returned yet. However, since our app performance is much better now, we hope to reintroduce that soon as well. One thing I do believe some users will have issues with is the lack of collapsible headers in this update. Collapsible headers and scrollers don't mix in the Material Design guidelines or Google UI tools and we really like following the guidelines properly. Hopefully, the much improved performance and scroll option will make up for the lack of collapsible header for most customers.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this update or anything else Android version related. 

Thanks,

Eden

2 persone hanno cliccato mi piace
I am still on mSecure 5.5.1 and Google Play does not show this update.

Hi Mike,

The update has not been released just yet. We are working on a few minor issues and re-testing a new build before releasing the update.

mSecure 5.5.3 is now available on the Google Play Store!

Bring back the collapsible headers. I hate scrolling through the whole list. It's not that fast. It takes 10-15 seconds before I can see my list

I agree with Sean, bring back the option to collapse the scrolling list to A B C D E F etc it was so much easier to find what's needed on 2 simple screens of the phone.   The new alpha scrolling isn't faster for optioning the file required with ease and as it's not easy for the eye to option there are just too many visuals, the logo, the title we have used and part of the content of the individual file at times.   Yes it scrolls easily, but no it's not efficient.   I did read you have your reasons for this.    I do hope that alternatives may present themselves in the near future, as I do like mSecure.  

This release has destroyed the user experience.  Password management is a painful thing, and what mSecure had going for it so strongly in previous releases was that  you could easily, quickly, and efficiently get to a password.  That is no longer the case.

In my comparison between 4 and 5, I now have to scroll 6x the amount in 5 over what I did in 4, and there are at least 3x the taps required.  That's  unacceptable!  This is a password manager, not some app that you're expecting to spend hours of time in -- get rid of useless white space!!!!!  Compact the rows!  A full size gorilla could put their thumb between these rows and not touch anything.  Remember what you're doing -- trying to make one of the WORST things about the modern technological era PALATABLE and EASY so we actually try to keep things secure!  You've lost your purpose, clearly.

I'm touching the screen way too many times to FIND a password entry.  The scroll is NOT fast, and it doesn't matter which device I open the app on -- scrolling is way slower than previous versions.  Oh, I could search -- so that I can turn this into an always two-handed operation, and make me tap AGAIN to activate the search dialog, yes, that makes me want to use this app for SURE.

Then, I have to tap TWICE to get to the password?  Were the focus groups all complaining about how convenient it was to see a password with a single tap, or is this a 'security' measure to make sure you look over  your shoulder before you reveal your passwords?  You need to fire your whole UX team for letting you send this out the door with something that obviously user-unfriendly in your app.

Basically every change I've seen in 5 is a 'solution' in search of a problem.  I don't want or need Johnny Ive self-proclaimed sexiness in the app I hate to use the most.  Pretty doesn't make me want to use this app, it pushes me away, because pretty = drastically useless.  

And what is with this sync function?  Backup just worked before.  Don't pimp the feature as though things magically happen, because they don't.  I have to drag all my devices to my main PC and turn on the PC app to 'sync'?  At least before my expectations were simple -- if I'm backing up I need the backup app open and then I close the backup app when done.  This promotion of 'sync' is a misnomer, it's basically just backup again, so stop using a term that has a specific meaning.  If I declare a PC as the 'main' system, make the sync function a service that runs in the background so devices can actually SYNC when they come on the network.  

It makes me wonder where mSeven was getting the feedback that all these things needed changing -- some consultant?  OR did they just need a reason to milk more money out of people so we had to do a complete re-write and something had to be different to justify flashy videos and declarations of amazing new features?  They certainly didn't get the feedback from their users.

Some things need to put function over form.  If a hammer is pretty but requires 6x the hits to drive a nail or makes me change my tried and true hammering motion for the sake of being pretty, that hammer goes in the waste bin.  That's where mSecure is headed because it doesn't help me manage my passwords, it pisses me off every time I have to open it because it makes managing my passwords more painful. 

Hi Charles,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We honestly value customer feedback the most. Here are some points to go over mostly issues you brought up in your feedback:

1. We like white space and we like pretty things. Most users also like pretty things, but we'll continue to refine our process to make the app as pretty and as functional as possible. 
  2. Backups and syncing are two completely separate things.
    1. Sync: Basically sync may mean two things (a) it is the process of  making sure that two or more devices / systems (e.g. your iPhone, your computer, iCloud) contain the same up-to-date content (b)  it is the process of, two-way, transferring content. Syncing process makes sure that your content (files and data) is the same on all of your devices. Here are syncing guides that you might need: https://m7software.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/folders/36000102610
    2. Backup: refers to, one way, copying of most data from one location to another. Backing up your mSecure 5 information is a necessity, so that if things are lost, you can restore them with your backup. Here are backup and restore guides you might need: https://m7software.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/folders/36000102609
    3. Please let me know why you think that using the term Sync is a misnomer because I don't see how or why you are thinking this.
  3. WiFi syncing has always been a more manual process. Want something more automatic? Set up one of our cloud sync options. That said, you don't have to drag anything anywhere. You need to be in the same WiFi network and have mSecure 5 opened and unlocked on your devices in order for WiFi syncing to be able to take place. You previously had to also have the apps opened and unlocked and the sync had to be initiated on the mobile device. Additionally, WiFi syncing always requires that you have a good local networking connection between all of your devices.

mSecure 5 is now rated 4.8/5 with over 7,000 reviews on the App Store. It would be at 4.5/5 on the Google Play Store if Google allowed us to reset the reviews with the release of mSecure 5.5. By that I mean that our last 3 months of Google Play reviews average out to 4.5/5 with about 300 new reviews. I understand that the app and our redesign might not be for everyone. However, we believe we followed the right feedback, from customers, when planning and releasing mSecure 5 and the customer feedback since our 5.5 release confirms that. 

mSecure 5 was the first an only upgrade that we've charged for in our 10 year history. We wanted to make it a free upgrade for our customers, but with the current landscape of application development, it was not feasible for us to do so. We do have development and support costs to consider. Most customers understand that. Specially given that most other password managers have moved to a subscription model. Thankfully, we did not force users to upgrade and made the app a completely separate app in order to do so. Previous customers are free to continue using mSecure 3 or 4 for as long as they'd like.

Also, if you are unhappy with the new version of the app, I would be more than happy to offer you a refund for the mSecure 5 license you purchased. We get that the new app won't work for everyone, and that is ok. We certainly do not wish for our customers to be unhappy every time they open the app try to make use of it. If you are in a place where you feel a refund is necessary, please let me know.

Another vote for the speedy return of collapsible headers - THAT feature is sorely missed!

I am going to go on a bit of a rant here with regards to the version 5, as am having nasty expierence. This new version 5 has just done my head in, as i had to reset my phone and reinstall all apps. So naturally what comes with reinstalling all apps, you require passwords for the accounts, and now that i have so many accounts and passwords for apps, they are all stored in msecure 5!! So i reinstall msecure 5, and now cant remeber what the password is to log into the msecure account!! NOW do do think it is a simple matter of just hit the forgot my password!! NO, the app sends you to the website which explains how to reset your account and support articles, but nowhere is there  any way to reset my account Password!!! I eventually have to go to my computer and load the site through a browser and click on log in and there click reset password and there it allowed me to put in my email address and then wait for the link to be sent to email (which am still waiting for). I have the email with the account QR code but is there any where to scan the QR code in and recover my account!!! NO !! So I essentially have all the information but no way to decrypt!!!

In my opinion, it would have been better if, when i tapped on the forgot password, the app would have asked me to scan my QR code from the email that i have. Then Once that done, redirect me to website that allows me to reset password on account and get access to app, and re import the latest backup!

So now have had to scrounge through google play store for old version 4, which is connected to my device and purchased for my google account. Then set up the version 4 and import an old backup, which has most of my passwords! The old version 4 at least allowed you to create a database, and then when you were in the app, you could find backup and restore. But this new version 5 with Super encryption is just NOT clever!

Hi Christian,

I'm sorry to hear the password you are entering is not working. Unfortunately, there is not a lot we can do in these situations. In order for the information stored in mSecure to be as secure as possible, mSeven Software doesn't acquire our customer's password, account key, or the data stored in mSecure, so there is no way for us to retrieve the password or your information. Also, in order to keep your information from being accessed without your permission, it is not possible to bypass or change the password when mSecure is not accepting the password being entered. The only thing we can do here is reset your account, but that means all of the data stored in it will be lost. I'm really sorry I don't have better news here.

We have just a couple of options moving forward. The first is to keep trying different variations of your password to see if anything you enter will allow you back into mSecure. If you know your hint, and that hint looks helpful, this may be the best route to go.

The second option is to reset your mSecure account altogether, and this should be used only if you know you can't remember your password. If you choose to reset your account, all of your data currently stored in mSecure 5 will be lost, and the app will need to be reinstalled/reset on every device on which it is running. After resetting the account, you will be able to set a new password for future use. To reset your account, please go here: https://www.msecure.com/request_password_start

Again, I'm really sorry for the situation you're in, and I hope you were able to use your hint to gain access to your information. Please let us know should you need further assistance.

I checked our system and I do not see any reset email being sent to your email address. Did you go to the link I provided here?

Many Thanks for response. This link https://www.msecure.com/request_password_start is what the user should be directed to when you tap on forgot my password in the app! that was all that i was looking for, instead get sent over the hills dales to nowhere when trying to reset my password. With the link that you have just sent me, reset my password in under 1 min and access to account gained again.

I gained access to my passwords and data by signing up with another email address, so that could just get into the app for the 30 day trial and then once was in the app, could import the last backup done on the device, and the password for the database i knew, so put that in, and VOILA data all there.

But due to this issue, have now decided to not use the app anymore, and am going a different direction with my password management.

Hi Christian,

I'm sorry to hear that you disliked the experience so much that you are moving to a different password manager. Our forgot password article: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000064225 which is linked in the Forgot Password link during the sign in screen in mSecure 5 has to first cover potential issues before going on to link to the account reset instructions if a customer has forgotten their account password. If we linked straight to the reset account page we'd have even more customers angry at us for providing a link that would cause them to reset everything and start over. The forgot password link does include the account reset instructions at the very end though.

I need help adjusting settings. Msecure has basically taken control of my android everytime I click a link in an email or text. If a link is tapped it tries to open but finds no page and reports an error. If a link is held an option to copy or open in browser is offered. Most of the time this works but often does not and I cant open it or need to find a cut/paste workaround. When it does open, it is in an msecure browser. It may offer security but it is laborious given the number of time per day I need to open a link. Please advise. I like having my passwords automatically populate but really prefer directing the msecure pswd to populate when I say so. Auto is fine but not if there must be a time consuming layer that frequently does not open links or attachments. Thanks for thoughts.

Hi Jodie,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you are experiencing.  When installing an app that can be set as one of your default apps (Browser, Launcher, Email, etc.) your Android device will give the option of how you would like to open a link and ask if you would like to open that kind of link with the app you've selected once or always. If you choose the always option, that app becomes you're default app for whatever kind of link you just opened. 

Please change the your default browser option if you do not wish to use our built-in browser as your default browser app:

To change the default browser on Android:

1. Open your device settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Tap the more icon on the top right corner
  4. Tap Default apps
  5. Tap Browser app
  6. Tap the browser app of your choice

I commenti a questa discussione ora sono chiusi.