mSecure 5.5.3 for Android

mSecure 5.5.3 for Android has lots of changes or additions beyond the language translations that I wanted to go over briefly here.

New Main View with Alpha-Scroller:

New Menu View:

Video demo:

As you might have noticed, mSecure 5 for Android will no longer have the ALL(Items), Recents, Logins, Credit Cards, and (Secure) Notes tabs in the main view. Instead, the tab system is gone and the filters have been moved to the menu area instead. This not only makes the Android version more similar to the iOS version, but it also fixes just about all the performance issues customers have had with our Android version. Data sets of 1,000 records now take less than a second to display on Android when you first start mSecure 5. This will not only improve the speed of displaying your records but will also result in fixes for issues with our search function. 

Unfortunately, type as you go has not returned yet. However, since our app performance is much better now, we hope to reintroduce that soon as well. One thing I do believe some users will have issues with is the lack of collapsible headers in this update. Collapsible headers and scrollers don't mix in the Material Design guidelines or Google UI tools and we really like following the guidelines properly. Hopefully, the much improved performance and scroll option will make up for the lack of collapsible header for most customers.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this update or anything else Android version related. 

Thanks,

Eden

2 people like this

I am still on mSecure 5.5.1 and Google Play does not show this update.
Support

Hi Mike,

The update has not been released just yet. We are working on a few minor issues and re-testing a new build before releasing the update.

Support

mSecure 5.5.3 is now available on the Google Play Store!

Bring back the collapsible headers. I hate scrolling through the whole list. It's not that fast. It takes 10-15 seconds before I can see my list

Login or Signup to post a comment
More topics in Announcements