Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

"Delete all auto-backups" Warning

Delete all auto-backups on Windows doesn't do what the name suggests.

It clears the entire directory designated for auto backups! 

In my case it cleared the entire backup directory where I keep all sorts of backups from my Windows machine - not what I expected it to do at all.

This is not mentioned in the Knowledge Base article on backup.

Is this a bug or a design feature?

(Luckily I noticed what it had done - and equally luckily its not a secure erase so I was able to get the files back from the Recycle Bin - but this could have been much worse. I've now created a separate subdirectory for mSecure Backups and will probably never use that feature again anyway.)

Hi Andy,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you're experiencing. On Windows, we expect customers to use a specific folder for mSecure backups. However, I'll consider this an oversight from us and document this as a bug or issue so that our developers can make it so that only the mSecure backup files are remove or moved to the trash bin instead. I'm sorry that this was not documented for you, but I'm glad you were able to restore your information.

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario