Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

Future date in Created and Modified dates messes up changes - moved from v4 to v5

When I moved from Version 4 to Version 5 many of the Modified and Created dates in my entries are in the future (like the year 8207!!!). This makes it so that if I change the data in an entry that was corrupted this way, then the change is reverted back to the "future" date because it thinks that this old "future dated" entry is newer than the one that I just modified it to be. There should at least be a way to go through this and say "All my entries that have future dates should now be set to the current date and time" so that this sort of stupid behavior can be fixed.

Is there such a process available, and if not, what is the best way to get this handled? I don't know that it's as much a "request for enhancement" as it is a "fix this stupid bug."

1 Persona tiene esta pregunta

I have the exact same issue with (invalid) future dates in the Modified Date field on many of my records, and I also upgraded from version 4 to version 5.   Additionally, when I try to delete a record with a future dated value, it come right back within seconds of being deleted.  

I could see this type of behavior with free software, but paying for software you expect it to be tested and polished.  I really would like to know how to "clean up" these Modified Date fields that contain future dates in them.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you are experiencing.  The bug makes the last modified date be way in the future and because of it, any time you sync your information, the records affected will not be changed.

My recommendation would be to use mSecure 5 on Mac or Windows:

1. Disable syncing in mSecure 5
  2. Delete the data.mssb sync file if using Dropbox or iCloud syncing (Dropbox/Apps/mSecure 5/userId/data.mssb or iCloud/mSecure/userId/data.mssb)
  3. Create a backup of mSecure 5: https://support.msecure.com/knowledge-base/msecure-backups (this is just to have a backup)
  4. Uninstall mSecure 5 from all devices besides one instance of Mac or Windows
  5. Bulk delete all of your records (select all records ctrl+a or use mouse)
  6. Bulk recover all of your records (recover records from the "Deleted Items" section)
  7. Enable syncing again
  8. Reinstall mSecure 5 on all of your devices

I'm sorry about the inconvenience this issue has caused. The latest versions of mSecure 5 have fixes for this issue so it should not reoccur once fixed.

After following the instructions from Eden to backup, remove, and restore, the date  issue appears to have been resolved.  Thanks for the detailed process steps.

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario