Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

Using mSecure 4

Will I be able to still use mSecure 4 even though version 5 was released?

Hi Bonnie,

Thank you for contacting us. You can still use mSecure 4, but we are strongly recommending our customer upgrade to v5. v4 is no longer supported, and recent upgrades to iOS have caused a lot of problems for some of our customers. If you don't upgrade to v5, and you an updated version of your device's OS causes something to break, there will be no way to fix it. For example, if your data were to somehow get corrupted, and you didn't have a backup, there would be retrieve your data.

Are you contacting us because you saw the screen in mSecure 4 letting you know you should upgrade?

I have 3 devices to activate version 5 of mSecure.   The version 5 is working on our iPhone.    However, the version 5 will not open up on our 2 iPads when I use the password for version 4.   How can I access version 5 then on those 2 iPads?

Thank you,

Bonnie Bryan

Before we do anything here, do you see all your data in mSecure 5 on your iPhone? If so, you'll just need to reinstall mSecure on your 2 iPads, and then sign in to the same account you are signed in to in mSecure on your iPhone. Since you're still within the trial period, your data should sync over to mSecure on those iPads after you sign in to your account.

If your data is not in mSecure 5 on your iPhone, we need to get all your data in mSecure 4 moved over to mSecure 5 on that device first. Do you see all your data in mSecure 5 on your iPhone?

I can see all of our data in mSecure5, but only on our iphone.  I installed the mSecure 5 app on the iphone first and our former mSecure 4 password opens the new version fine.  However, when I went to the app store to install the mSecure 5 app on our 2 ipads, it only says "open," and does not give the download symbol.  The new mSecure 5 app symbol is now on our 2 ipads, but our former mSecure 4 password will not open the new version on the 2 ipads, only on the iphone.

How can I sync the 2 ipads mSecure5 version with the iphone mSecure 5 version and use the same password on all 3 devices.  As I noted above, our former password will ONLY work on the mSecure 5 version on the iphone, not on the 2 ipads.

Thanks,

Bonnie Bryan

Thank you for the extra information Bonnie. Since you have all your data in mSecure 5 on your iPhone, all you need to do is delete mSecure 5 on both your iPads, then reinstall it from the App Store app. To delete mSecure 5, you'll first need to find the app icon on your iPad's desktop. It's the mSecure app icon with the very dark blue, almost black, background. Find that app on both iPads, then long-tap on the icon, and choose the option to remove it. After you have deleted the app, go to the App Store app, find mSecure, and then download it again. After it's installed, open the app and sign in to your account using the email and password you are using for mSecure on your iPhone.

Were you able to delete mSecure on both iPads and then reinstall it from the App Store ap Bonnie?

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario