Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

sign in and password not accepted on msecure 6

I tried to open my msecure 4 and it said I needed to download 6 as 4 was no longer supported. It isn't recognizing my sign in and password. HELP

Hi Kathryn,

mSecure 6 is a completely new app with an account system, so you won't be able to simply install that version and then sign in with your password used in mSecure 4. Instead, you'll need to create an account first, then you'll be able to import your data in from mSecure 4 installed on the same device.

What happens when you try to create a new account rather than trying to sign in to an existing account?

It says "A user with that email already exists"

Hi Kathryn,

Ok, that does mean you already have an account. Since mSecure 6 is not accepting your password, you'll need to reset your account.

To be clear, resetting your mSecure account will have no effect on the data stored in mSecure 4. mSecure accounts debuted in mSecure 5, so any versions prior to that didn't tie in to any type of account system. Any changes made to your mSecure account will have absolutely no effect on the information stored in mSecure 4.

To reset your account, follow the steps below:

1) Delete mSecure 6 from your device(s). IMPORTANT: Do not delete mSecure 4.

2) Open this link in your web browser on any device: https://www.msecure.com/request_password_start/

3) Enter your email address in the "Email Address" field, then click "START PROCESS"

4) You'll receive an email with information for the account reset. Read that email, then click "RESET ACCOUNT".

5) Enter your password two times, enter a hint to help you remember the password, then click "RESET ACCOUNT"

6) Open mSecure and move through the screens until you are asked to Sign In or Sign Up for an account

7) Tap the option to Sign In using your account's email and the password you just set

8) Choose which sync feature you would like to use

9) When prompted, choose the option to import your data from mSecure 4

Were you able to get signed in to mSecure 6 and import your data from mSecure 4?

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario