Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Support mSecure

Family sharing?

Hi,

I just bought mSecure 5. One reason was because the Mac App Store indicates that it has Family Sharing. I'd like to set my wife up with her own account, as she is a family member in my iCloud account. How do I do that? It seems like the purchase is tightly coupled to one iCloud account.

HI Ben,

Thank you for contacting us. mSecure 5 is a free app to download and therefore qualifies as a Family Sharing app. However, in order to use the app beyond its very basic functionality, a user must purchase an mSecure 5 license. The purchase of an mSecure 5 license is tied to the mSecure account used to purchase it with. If you'd like to share your mSecure information with your family, you are free to share your mSecure account credentials and have everyone sign in to the same account. However, if you'd like to have separate mSecure information, everyone will have to create a separate mSecure account and purchase a separate mSecure Pro license.

Eden - i followed your suggestion, logging onto a separate device using the same credentials, but it asks for the QRC....  the one i used (successfully) for the first device won't work on the second...  suggestions?

HI James,

Please use this guide if you are having invalid qr code issues: https://m7software.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/36000022185-invalid-qr-code-. Beyond that, please let me know exactly how you are trying to authenticate and what the error message says. Additionally, I would be great to start your own discussion or topic on any issues you might run into instead.

i was able to make it work by getting a new QR Code -- all good thanks

Used the same account log in for wife’s phone and logged in but there are no records. The device showed it synced.

HI Craig,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you're experiencing. I would advise you to create your own discussion or topic about your own issues instead of simply replying to an unrelated issue here on the forum.

I'm not sure what the issue could be here, but can you try creating a test record in mSecure 5 on your iPhone? Once you've created a record on your iPhone, you can also try doing a manual sync:

1. Tap and hold the top record
2. Drag your finger down and release

Please let me know if this fixes your issues.

Hi Eden, Is this correct? This last sentence in your answer? ...or should it be,...everyone has to create a mSecure account and purchase a separate mSecure Pro license? ...it's just a small word,...but a big difference!

I'm sorry. That was a typo. It should read: However, if you'd like to have separate mSecure information, everyone will have to create a separate mSecure account and purchase a separate mSecure Pro license.

The purchase of an mSecure 5 license is tied to the mSecure account used to purchase it with and so is the information used for the account.

Hmm......  I did not realize I have to buy a separate msecure license for each person in the house - yes we do want to keep separate set of msecure data.  Is there a discount available for family purchase?  Or do I have to shell out additional $30 for each person?

Hi Mettur, 

Thank you for contacting us. We do offer discounts. However, we do not do so in a public space. Please create a ticket or email us at support@msevensoftware.com for information about available discounts.

Les commentaires de cette discussion sont désormais fermés !