Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

mSecure 6

In a recent reply on the Feature Requests section of the Forum it was announced that mSecure 6 would be available soon and that major enhancements we have been waiting for would not be implemented in mSecure 5.

Will mSecure 6 be considered a completely new product? Will existing customers be expected to pay for this new product in order to get any enhancements?

Will mSecure 5 remain available? Will it still be maintained with bug fixes and security issues?

Will the databases be compatible between these products?

Are there any other implications for existing loyal customers?

3 persone apprezzano questa idea

Thanks again @Noella! I don't think I would have remembered that the left column simply needed to be updated, and that takes either an app restart or to visit the app's Settings first.

@Scott We are working now to figure out what is causing this to happen. We have a couple of other users who are willing to get logging so we can more quickly figure out the cause the behavior you're experiencing. Would you like to download a logging build to help us get the information we need?

@Puneet

1) If you download from Premium in the future, you don't lose your Essentials account. That account status is guaranteed for at least 3 years.

2) If you have a v5 Pro license, you get the 50% discount for the yearly subscription indefinitely. To be clear, the price could rise, but you will always get 50% off as v5 Pro user.

3) Currently, there is no lifetime subscription available

Hi, I am facing an issue when copying the OTP code from mSecure v6 app to anywhere, instead of the code itself, it copies the secret code needed to setup the OTP

@Carlo I haven't seen this before, so I need more information from you. Did you set up the field you are using to make sure it's actually a "One-Time Password" type field? The only way I know that what you are doing could happen is if you stored the secret in a field like a text type field.

If you are using the "One-Time Password" field type, can you let me know what site you are trying set up two-factor authentication on? Maybe I can test it on my computer to see what's happening.

Hi Mike, thanks for your message.

Indeed I am using an OTP field, which is working as expected changing the code every 30 seconds, but when copying the password the result is the secret key.

I have set the two-factor authentication for Amazon.it website.

Thanks for your help, have a nice day

Carlo

Hi Carlo,

I think I see what you're saying. Real quick, are you using the iOS version of mSecure for this, or are you on a different platform?

Hi Mike, yes I am using the iOS version.

Thanks,

Carlo

Hi Carlo,

Thank you for clarifying. I was able to reproduce the issue, and our developer will be fixing it soon. I'm not sure the fix will make it into the very next version we release, but it should be in the one after that if not.

Thanks for you message, happy that I could contribute to improve your already excellent app. Have a nice day, Carlo
MSecure team, ain’t you happy that you didn’t clamor to hop on the cloud bandwagon. See what happened to Lastpass more than once. I’m glad to be part of the Msecure movement!!

Thank you for your feedback Puneet. One thing to mention is that we do have a cloud system, and many, many customers do use it to store their data. The thing is, and I'm guessing that LastPass is implemented the same way, even if a hacker were to download all of the data from our server, the data stored there is still safe. The way the data storage is implemented is that all information is encrypted with the user's account key, a very long and totally random key, so even if it's stolen, the odds that any of the account data would ever be successfully brute force attacked is astronomically small. Even in the event of a server breech, the data stored there is still safe. If that were to happen, however, we would definitely let everyone know, because it's always best to change passwords after something like that happens, but the information would still be protected.

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento